QQE 2013 BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best Research Paper Award
Prof. Dr. Pascal Gantenbein
University of Basel, Switzerland
Best Student Research Paper Award
Mr. Thanapol Srithanpong
Keio University, Japan
CONFERENCE TO BE HELD IN
Global Science and Technology Forum
In the past, economics is primarily focused on numbers and statistics. However, with the introduction of qualitative and quantitative economics research, economics has evolved from the neo-classical theories and instead can now be easily understood and meaningfully presented with the analytical forecasts of the numbers and statistics that are produced. Qualitative economics refers to a direction of change in some economic variable as related to change of some other economic variable. On the other hand, quantitative economics uses a range of complex mathematical and statistical procedures to analyze economic phenomena. These techniques help economic analysts explain economic issues and understand human actions, group interactions and communities.
The QQE conference is dedicated in providing researchers, academicians and students with a thorough understanding of the core techniques of quantitative and qualitative economics as well as their strengths and limitations. We also welcome participants to include their understanding of the qualitative and quantitative application to test economic theories and measure magnitudes relevant for economic policy and other decisions.
• The 2014 Conference Proceedings (Print ISSN: 2251-2012, E-Periodical ISSN: 2251-2020):
• will be indexed by EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest, Ulrichsweb, PsycEXTRA and will be submitted to Scopus,
and Cabell's Directories amongst others,
• Best Paper Awards and Best Student Paper Awards will be conferred at the conference (in order to qualify for the award, the paper must be presented at the conference).
• Journal: Depending on their importance, originality, quality, relevance and other editorial considerations, eligible research articles will be invited for publication in the GSTF Journal on Business Review (GBR) (Print ISSN: 2010-4804, E-periodical: 2251-2888) which is indexed by EconBiz, EBSCO, CrossRef, Proquest and Cabell's Directories.
• Book: Selected authors will be invited to contribute book chapters in "Business Review: Advanced Applications" to be published by GSTF in collaboration with Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
The book will be edited by Prof. Farid Shirazi, Assistant Professor & ITM Learning Edge Faculty Advisor, Ted Rogers School of Information Technology Management Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada.
• The top 2 to 3 papers will also be published in the International Journal of Economic Sciences and Applied Research (IJESAR) (Print ISSN: 1791-5120, Online ISSN: 1971-3373), which is indexed by EconLit, RePEc, CEEOL, DOAJ and SSRN.
• QQE 2014 will also constitute a Special Panel Session.
• Panel Proposals are invited for submission to the QQE 2014. A minimum of three papers centering on a specific topic will be accepted for submission under Panel Category.
GSTF PARTNER UNIVERSITIES